Maryland Home Ownership
- Decide whether you want to sell your own home (for sale by owner) or use the resources of a real estate professional. Get a free brochure about the advantages of working with a REALTOR®. This brochure is also available in Spanish.
- Get your home ready to sell. Spend time on preparing your home before it is listed. You will want it to outshine its competition and look as attractive as possible.
- Educate yourself about sales prices of homes in your neighborhood and your community. A realistic understanding of how to price your home is a critical element in a successful sale. Don’t depend on your neighbor’s stories about sales prices of homes—get the facts.
- Remember that you may have to offer closing cost assistance to make the sale of the home possible.
- Educate yourself about different types of loans and how you can help a ready, willing and able buyer purchase your home.